I made these cupcakes a while back for a friend's birthday, I thought it would be better than buying her something since this came from the heart (awww!). I absolutely love the white-choc and raspberry combination and they come out not-too-sweet in this cupcake reincarnation.
They're pretty simple to make, you just have to be a bit gentle when swirling the raspberries through the batter to get that really ice marbled effect - stir too much and they're just turn out pink =P.
White Chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes
150g butter, at room temp
3/4 cup caster sugar
150g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly (you can do this in the microwave)
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup milk
150g raspberries (frozen is fine)
130g white chocolate
1 & 3/4 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
85g butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Line muffin pan with paper cases.
2. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Bat in the melted chocolate. Combine the flours and fold into the mixture with milk until smooth.
3. Gently fold in the raspberries until just combined.
4. Divide the mixture among the cases and smooth the surfaces. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside the pans for 5 mins to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
5. To make the icing, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on high for 1 minute (just repeat for a shorter time if it doesn't melt completely on the first go). Stir until smooth. Let it cool slightly. Sift the icing sugar into a separate bowl. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the cooled white chocolate. Refrigerate until firm enough to frost the cupcakes (about 30 minutes).
6. Use an electric beater to beat the frosting in a bowl until pale and creamy. Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with an appropriate nozzle. Pipe on to the cupcakes. Top with extra raspberries.
Enjoy =D xx