I know I'm a tad bit late but Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all had a great long weekend with loved ones and scrumptious food - I know I did =D. The only technology I put my hands on was my TV set and DVD player (hence the belatedness of this post). These are the best weekends, when I can curl up in front of the tele in my pj's and a bowl of caramel popcorn at hand. Best.
Lucky for me I also got the chance to finally get in the kitchen after a long time. These days I'm way too busy to get up to any serious cooking endeavours, and at the moment even on the days I have off I'd rather do something else less labour intensive. So I made some Easter egg nests! Simple as and just what you need for a weekend of vegging out.
Easter Egg Nests
Recipe adapted from The Endless Meal
2 x 1/2 cups ready-to-eat noodles, divided
60g white chocolate
60g dark chocolate
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 x 5g butter, divided
Pinch of salt
Mini chocolate eggs
1. Place the white chocolate along with one 5g portion of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds (depends on the power of your microwave) - just until the butter has melted and the chocolate is slightly melted.
2. Stir the chocolate/butter mixture until smooth. Add 1 portion of 1/2 cup noodles and mix until all the noodles are coated.
3. Create 3 small nests on a prepared baking sheet covered in baking paper.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 except with the dark chocolate + peanut butter in the bowl. Add the salt in step 2.
5. Place the baking sheet in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I placed mine in the freezer so they would set faster and I just took them out earlier.
6. Serve with some Easter eggs nestled inside =).