Sorry again for the crappy phone pics! Just google this and you'll see how it delicious it ACTUALLY looked in real life. I made this pie twice it was so sinfully delicious =P. Also, the pie crust recipe I used actually made enough for 2 crusts ahaha. Just a note, the chocolate chips may sink to the bottom while baking (I personally don't mind), but what you could do is instead of adding them before putting them in the over, you can sprinkle them in 20 minutes into baking =).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Adapted from A Zesty Bite
1 9inch pie crust, pre-baked according to package instructions (I made my own, recipe HERE - pre-baked until slightly browned)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup (180g) butter, room temp (you could also brown the butter to give it a richer nutty flavour - check out THIS post to find out how =D)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans, chopped (Optional - I never add them =P)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips (or white choc chips - I put a mix of all 3)
1. Prehat oven to 165C (325F)
2. In a small bowl combine the flour and both sugar and set aside
3. In a large mixer whisk the eggs on high for 3 mins or until foamy. Now using the paddle attachment slowly add the flour and sugar mixture. Then add the butter and vanilla and mix until everything is creamy. Stir in the pecans, chocolate and buterscotch chips.
4. Pour the filling into the pie crust very gently.
5. Bake for 25 mins uncovered. Now cover the pie with foil and bake for an additional 35 minutes. Finally, remove the foil and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Insert a knife halfway between the edge and the centre of the pie and if it comes out clean or without alot of batter then the cookie is done. Remove the pie and let it cool. Before serving you can warm it up or eat it at room temperature (THE BEST) with ice cream on top.
Seriously try make this pie, its so easy and so freakin addictive. I actually gave this to my friends before we were due to head off to Melbs the next day....and I got requests to bring the pie with me =P. Great post-drinking pig-out food haha ;).
Enjoy =D xx