Hi Guys! Omigosh! It's been over a WEEK since my last post! I've been a bad blogger =(. Life has once again gotten the better of me and i have fallen behind! And unfortunately this is going to be a short post =(. But plenty more to come! Since I've been so busy I have PLENTY to blog about! I have a list written up of all the blog posts I want to do =D.
Last week my brother was bugging me to make more ice cream. I swear once you make too much of a good thing they take it for granted =P. It's sort of becoming a weekly thing this ice cream making business. I really like it because it gives me a chance to get creative, and it's really easy to make and doesn't take up much of my time, which is becoming really hard to come by these days.
So last week I made CAPPUCCINO ICE CREAM! No, not coffee, but cappuccino! What's the difference? Apparently cinnamon? This recipe used cinnamon, which tasted great! Not sure how it's classified as cappuccino though....
The creation of a coffee based ice cream was inevitable, since my family has an affinity for Connoisseur Cafe Grande tubs and my brother is a coffee lover. I love this ice cream creation, however next time I want to add the stuff that will make it as good as the Connoisseur one.....mmmmm.
I used one of Ben n' Jerry's recipe for the first time and it turned out great!! I bought the Ben n' Jerry's cookbook a while ago in anticipation of purchasing an ice cream maker and I can finally use it =). Definitely using it more often since this ice cream disappeared in no time and the recipe yielded a crap load as well. It went so fast that my brother got annoyed at me since I kept bugging him to save some so I could take some pictures of it. This was all that was left by the time I could get my hands on my camera....
And yes that is salted caramel sauce poured all over it!! However I'm saving that recipe for another time (I made it for something else and it goes way better with that thing!)
The only thing disappointing about the Ben and Jerry's book is that they don't have recipes for all those awesome flavours like Half-Baked or Triple Caramel Crunch. Oh well, I'm sure they're easy to re-create.
Cappuccino Ice Cream
Adapted from Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups thickened cream
1 cup milk
3 & 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1. Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes).
2. Whisk in sugar a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended (~1 more minute).
3. Pour in the cream, milk, 2 & 1/2 tbsp of the coffee and the cinnamon - whisk to blend.
4. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturers instructions.
5. About 2 minutes before the ice cream is done, add the remaining 1 tbsp coffee and continue churning until the ice cream is done.
6. (OPTIONAL) At the 2-minutes-till-done point I added dark chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup). In my opinion these were not needed, but just a note - If you DO add them make sure they are NOT baking chips =P. Maybe adding chopped up chunks of real cadbury chocolate would be better. And white chocolate!