I made this Chocolate Nutella Cobbler about 2 weeks ago, and we only just managed to finish it off yesterday. It was so god damn chocolatey and rich.....mmmm.
When i made this I had no idea what a cobbler was. So, according to Wikipedia its supposed to be a fruit or savoury based dish that is covered in pastry then baked. Another definition stated that the filling was covered with something like a batter. Whatever it is, all i know is that it tastes so good.
Sorry i don't have any awesome pictures of it oozing chocolate lava. I was just dying to try it and forgot all about taking pictures. And yes, it actually was like chocolate lava, all gooey and rich and just yum. DEFINITELY need to try this yourself! I'm sorry if you gain weight. Jokes, not really, its just so irresistible you wouldn't care either ;).
Because its so rich you should definitely eat it with some plain vanilla ice cream, or even a bit of cream or something.
(If my pictures are not enough to win you over, just click here to see the original and the lovely pictures that made me drool)
Chocolate Nutella Cobbler
Recipe by Alice from Savory Sweet Life
3/4 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbs cocoa
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Nutella
6 tbs melted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 & 1/2 cups hot tap water
1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, 3 tbs of the cocoa and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
3. Stir in the milk, Nutella, butter and vanilla. The mixture should be similar in consistency of peanut butter.
4. Spread the mixture into an large, deep baking dish.
5. In a separate bowl combine the remaining 3 tbs cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar and the brown sugar. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter.
6. Pour the hot water over everything and DO NOT STIR! Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the centre is slightly firm (mine took around an hour and a bit - I didn't want it to be like water...)
|Sorry its not very clear, my oven door is a bit grimey =P|